Mad Scientist - Bodyboard
FREE SHIPPING TO THE CONTINENTAL USA ON ALL BODYBOARDS.
Use coupon code - FreeShip - when you check out.
Mad Scientist Series:
- All Astar boards use the Astar Ethos; Create boards for riding wakes and waves with the perfect combination of Performance, Safety and Fun.
- The Mad Scientist series uses a combination of the three in its design elements, however it has more of a push towards Fun.
- This series is a collaboration between John Castro and Brandon Foster, with John Castro infusing his say into the mix. This ensured that the fun he likes to have when riding wake or wave was not left out of his board design line. Therefore the Mad Scientist line will focused on a little more Fun than the Safety and Performance elements of the Astar Ethos Ratio.
- The name “Mad Scientist” came from when John Castro was working making soft surfboards and began mess around making odd shapes mostly small boards as test pilots
- Friends and random surfers that loved riding the boards would take them out and give raving feedback so much so they would keep coming back asking what does“The Mad Scientist” have for us now.
- The name stuck with John and now he has chosen this name to bring this collection of boards to the public with Astar Board Company.
- Extruded PE (Polyethylene) core
- Industry leading memory for flexibility
- Superior buoyancy
- Made in The USA.
- 3 Graphite Stringers on the 3" thick boards
- 3 Graphite Stringers on the 2.25" thick boards
- HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) Slick Bottom (Available in White Only)
- 8 Lb PE (polyethylene) Deck
- Two 8 Lb PE (polyethylene) rails in Black and White Rails (2 on each side)
- Topside Nose Bulbs (for extra grip)
- This board is built with safety, speed, function, strength and beauty in mind. The twist and memory flex this board provides for bodyboarding will not be found anywhere else in the industry. The years of design refinement has allowed the Astar team to create this board that performs at levels that designer John Castro wanted. John has come accustomed to boards that work well for having fun and this board incorporated all his wants. This board rides like a high-end bodyboard but due to its thickness and size you can paddle into waves far easier. This makes the board ideal for rehabilitation, family fun and they are also very boat friendly too.
- This board is very forgiving on the body when riding due to its soft rail material.
- The soft rails on this board also acts as safety bumper around the entire board.
- The shape and design of the board allow the rider to also focus more on enjoying the ride. Get on this board and you will find it hard not to want to mess around and have some fun….